Pages

June 12, 2010

Unwanted advice

Here is another layout created with the June kit #3 from Transparent Touches (which is still available here). And yes, you can see the same patterned paper ~from The Girl's Paperie~ as in my previous page, I loved it and used every little piece I had!

Voici une autre page réalisée avec le kit de juin de Transparent Touches (qui est encore disponible ici). Et elle m'a tellement plu que j'ai encore utilisé la même feuille de papier ~The Girl's Paperie~ que sur ma page précédente!

Journaling: "As much as I love my mom and go to her for guidance, we often seem to clash when she gives me unwanted advice about how to raise my kids".

I am not super happy by the fact that the only page I have with a photo of my mom and I is so... negative sounding but I wanted to participate in Autumn's "advice" challenge and that is what the word brought to mind for me. In consequence, I was reminded of two things: I need to have more photos taken with my mom because I don't have many at all and scrapbooking doesn't always have to be about the pretty side of life!

Je ne suis pas super contente du fait que la seule page que j'ai avec ma mère et moi soit aussi.... négative mais je souhaitais participer au challenge "conseil" lancé par Autumn et la première chose qui me soit venu en tête sont les moments parfois tendus entre ma maman et moi lorsqu'elle me donne des "conseils" sur la manière dont j'élève mes enfants. Ce challenge m'a rappelé deux choses importantes: il faut absolument que je prenne plus de photos avec ma maman car j'en ai trés trés peu et aussi, même si c'est la majorité "out there", le but du scrap n'est pas (seulement) de montrer la vie en rose!

Passez bon week-end!

9 comments:

  1. what a great layout! I loved this kit but forced myself to get the more boy kit, just to change things up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be tempted to add something to the end, maybe in your own handwriting, like, "no matter what, I always return to her for more." Something a little funny, a little poignant...? Good for you for putting it out there, regardless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, this sounds like my mom and me. I love the clean lines of this layout, and that paper rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the offset photo and your page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's great to scrap all of life, especially the bad. I think we all have this struggle with our family from time to time. I love your page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this page. a unfavored topic, a clean lo, a perfect photo. it draws you in for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. J'adore ta page! Autant pour sa MEP parfaite que pour son contenu! J'adore cette honneté qui demande beaucoup d ecourage et que l'on ne voit pas assez à mon gout! C'est du vécu ça! de la vraie vie! En plus on sent bien qu'il y a plein d'amour, il n'y a qu'à voir les couleurs et l'attention que tu portes aux détails! Donc BRAVO, vraiment! Bravo et chapeau!!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the reminder: we don't have to always scrap the great times only. that is good advice.
    your layout is great. love the compositon. nice how you gave space for the title and then elements below that. very nice touch!
    ~j

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you completely! And I need to take more photos of me and my mum -- she is getting pretty old and not sure how long she'll be around.

    And as I said before, your layout is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!