Yeepee! It's Friday! Today, I am sharing a page I created for a "Be Inspired" article on the Citrus Twist blog. I have been following Katie Pertiet's "collage inspiration" board on Pinterest and I recommend you follow it as many of her pins are translatable (is that even a word?) into layouts... as I am about to show you:
I looked at this inspiration piece (originally a canvas by Maureen Brouillette sold by World Market but no longer available) and could envision a layout. One of my challenges was to incorporate a "less than perfect" piece of paper with my son's handwriting and I thought that it might fit into this design. After carefully studying the lines and the repetition of certain patterns, I created my page:
Here's a close up:
Supplies: September Citrus Twist main kit, alphas from AC and Basic Grey, veneer stars from Studio Calico, washi tapes, button and mist from my stash
The result is pretty different from my usual but I really enjoyed the exercise and I do think that it was an easy way to incorporate that piece of memorabilia from my son.
Have you used collages as inspiration before?




Ohhhhhhhhh I loveeeeeee your page! LOVING the photos, the colors and love love love that you included his handwriting!!!
ReplyDeleteoooh i like how this inspired you Nathalie x
ReplyDelete