I was totally inspired by the illustrated calendar on the Christmas Magic sheet and used the small version from the 6x6 paper pad. I also used an older German tutorial on You Tube for the construction of the book and boxes (let me know if you'd like some help with it). Here's a look at the open book:
It is constructed with cardboard and covered with cardstock. To give you an idea of its scale, the book measures 6.5x8 inches (closed) and is 2.75 inches thick. Each box is 1.5 inch square. I made the bottom of the boxes out of red cardstock and the covers out of patterned papers from the Christmas Magic 6x6 paper pad. I then covered them with each dated square from the Christmas Magic paper (made to look like little stamps with old deco scissors!)
I created a cover for the book and embellished the inside a bit before finishing up by filling each box with a small treat:
I love it so much and I am glad that i can reuse it year after year! Doodlebug Design always comes out with the best Christmas lines and this one is no exception!





Such a great idea! Love the calendar and will try to make similar next year if I may. ;) Thank you for great inspiration!
ReplyDeleteI love this Advent Calendar in a book!!!!...I would love to make one for my daughter and her kids as her storage space is very limited. I tried to follow the German tutorial but since I don't speak German it was very difficult. Are there any tutorials in English I could use?
ReplyDeleteThis little book is fabulous !! I tried to watch the German tutorial for measurements, wasn't quite as successful as I had hoped. Any chance you have the measurements the the pieces that you could share?
ReplyDelete