Pages

February 23, 2009

TUTORIAL: Make your own fun clay buttons

Here's a tutorial I just made for the ongoing Fantastic February contest going on now at Scrapperie.
Supplies:
FIMO clay (the soft one is the easiest to handle)
Toothpick or paper clip
Permanent markers if you want to doodle on them
Something to protect your surface (I used butcher paper)

Step 1: Start with your lighter color.
Take a small piece of FIMO, knead it to warm it up and make it homogenous.
Then make small balls out of it.
Step 2: Push on the balls of clay with your thumb and add button holes with the toothpick. You can also add designs with caps, the paper clip or the toothpick.
pic namepic namepic name

I also prepared a couple of white little pieces for the upcoming red buttons.
Step 3: Wash your hands and repeat step 1 and 2 with your other color. Then decorate both colors of buttons as you wish. Just be careful as the color will stain your fingers and then transfer to the other color… if you are very picky about it, it might be best to wear disposable gloves. If not, just wash in between colors…Step 4: Pop them in the oven as directed on the packaging.
Step 5: If you wish, you can add doodles on them once they are cool.
And here's a Valentine's project I used them for:Note: You can use mini cookie cutters and other shape making tools of course, just don’t use anything that you actually cook with as I understand that the FIMO clay is toxic.

En tant que membre de la DT de Scrapperie, j'ai récemment fait ce petit tuto tout simple pour faire des boutons maison avec de la pâte Fimo. Dites moi si vous avez besoin d'aide et je vous ferai la traduction!

1 comment:

  1. Great tutorial! I have tons of clay and I really need to start making stuff with it that I can incorporate into my scrapbooking. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!