Pages

November 24, 2010

The Mayflower: my first papercutting!

I have often admired the work of papercutters but have never given it a try ~well, I guess I do enjoy cutting flowers or other elements from patterned paper for layouts or cards~ but when I stumbled upon this template on Cindy Ferguson's blog two days ago, I had the sudden urge to go up to my room and start cutting!!! I really enjoyed the process (even if my fingers were a little sore at the end!) and after finding a frame for it, I placed the Mayflower on our mantle for all to see :)

Click on photo to enlarge
J'admire souvent le travail d'artistes "coupeurs de papier" mais je n'avais jamais essayé moi-même sauf que quand je suis tombée sur ce gabarit sur le blog de Cindy Ferguson il y a deux jours, j'ai eu une envie pressante de découper!!! Au résultat, j'ai bien aimé le procédé (même si mes doigts avaient un peu mal à la fin) et, aprés avoir trouvé de quoi l'encadrer, le Mayflower est maintenant au-dessus de notre cheminée pour célébrer Thanksgiving :)

2 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Nathalie! this is AMAZING!!!! Just GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent job! You even did the masts great. I was wondering how people would be able to handle those.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!