I decided to join Shimelle again for this fun monthly practice of listing 10 Things on the 10th of the month and since it seems to be the time of a year when a lot of us are looking into cooking more, I chose to share ten tried recipes from Pinterest and let you know what I think about them!
In no particular order:
1. Chicken Cashew Lettuce Wraps
First thing I noticed was that all the ingredients were "common" ones, meaning things I know I can find at my grocery store = bonus point. It has very nice flavors and it is a keeper (meaning I will make it again). I might add red bell pepper in the mix and crunchy rice noodles into the wraps.
2. Lazy Sunday casserole
This is as delicious as it looks and sounds! I never cook fennel bulbs but it is so good in this you have to include one! My only modification was to cut down the balsamic vinegar in half (to 2 TB instead of 4) and it was much better that way. Also, allow quite some time for the cooking (that's why it is good for Sundays!)
3. Lasagna Soup
Another keeper! This is so good especially for the upcoming chilly months. I used a different kind of pasta (Barilla's Cellentani) and they work just as well but definitely go for fire-roasted tomatoes. Big success all around at the dinner table!
4. Rattlesnake sliders
No snake included but the kids love the name and they taste very good too! If you don't know where to find andouille, I use the Johnsonville New Orleans brand sausages available in regular stores. They are precooked so I just chop them before adding with the ground chicken.
5. Slow-Cooker White Bean soup with Andouille and Collards
...and speaking of andouille, here is another great recipe for cold evenings and the only times I ever buy collards! Bonus points because it cooks in the slow-cooker and makes a hearty stew that feeds my hungry and growing boys! Delicious the next day too!
6. Penne Frittata with Basil and Ricotta
Great for a quick dinner or a brunch. I added canadian bacon the second time. Also, I never buy whole milk so I just mix a little whipping cream with the non-fat milk I normally purchase. Serve with a fresh and big loaf of bread!
7. Chicken Curry in slow cooker
I cut this recipe in half for our family of four and I serve it with rice. I made the mistake of using light coconut milk the first time. Don't, it makes for a thicker and creamier sauce if you use the regular kind. I accompany it with naan bread from Trader Joe's. Yum!
8. Four ingredients Nutella brownies
I had to include sweets in this line up and I always have everything on hand to make those! My recommendations would be to be careful not to overcook them (which I did the first time) and to add chocolate chips in the mix :)
9. Chicken and Black Bean Green Enchilada Rice Bake
Not everything we try from Pinterest is a success. We did not like this one. The combination was a little too weird for us and we all agreed that we much prefer eating green chile enchiladas instead.
10. Buttermilk pancakes
I know it is a classic but I included it because we no longer buy pancake mix thanks to this super easy recipe. We substitute about 1/3 of the white flour for whole wheat = more flavor and better for you :)
Feel free to follow my Pinterest "Bon Appetit" board. I usually leave comments under the recipes we like (and end up deleting the ones we don't!) ~ And let's eat!!!
PS: All images belong to the recipes linked to their original blog underneath them











These all look so good. Especially the lasagna soup, lazy Sunday casserole and who wouldn't like Rattlesnake sliders for the name alone!
ReplyDeleteOhhhhhh yum! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)
ReplyDeleteall of it looks so good!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm always on the hunt for new slow cooker recipes - that chicken curry sounds delicious!
ReplyDeleteOh man...you are making me so hungry showing all of that good food! That lasagna soup looks like a good one to try!
ReplyDeleteyum... good recipes here. Like the chicken curry and pancakes!!
ReplyDeleteYou are making me hungry!! I have to try the lasagna soup!
ReplyDeleteLazy Sunday Casserole looks good I love fennel and just happen to have some this week. Thank you :)
ReplyDeleteI have that lasagna soup on my pinterest board too. I think we need to have a "lasagna soup" post link party and all cook it on the same day, sharing results! :D
ReplyDeleteMoi je dis MIAM! à tous ces plats!
ReplyDeleteBises
I have bookmarked the Martha Stewart slowcooker recipes...TFS!
ReplyDeleteAlison xx