Pages

April 20, 2012

Negative lettering challenge


Hello lovely readers! I am hosting the weekly challenge today on the Burlap & Buttercups blog and decided to share my example with you here:
Inspired by the current trend and the Ormolu tags found in this month Add-on, my challenge for you is to use negative lettering on your project. It can be premade as with those tags, or you can use a die-cutting machine if you have one or, you can hand cut the letters yourself as I have done in my example below:


My card, created using the April kit and vintage paper, was inspired by this pinned poster and this tutorial by Lexi Bridges.

I hope to see some of you play along. The details and prize info can be found here.

Have a great weekend! Tomorrow is a big day for me as it is the day I will be teaching my first class at Paper Tales in San Diego! I am nervous and excited at the same time! Wish me luck! :)

12 comments:

  1. A great card love the bursts of bright colours and a clever way to use up the negative bits of die cuts or stickers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck for tomorrow Nathalie!..love the card!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card! Good luck to you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great challenge and love love love love your card! I loveeeeee the negative title!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is super cute! What a fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card using the negative lettering!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like the negative scrapping i've seen around and love how you've used it on your card x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card! I've never used negative lettering, so thinking that I need to try it. Good luck with your class tomorrow. They are very fortunate to have the opportunity to learn from you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really pretty! I've been doing this lately with my Slice. Trying to resist the Cameo..

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is just so pretty! I never use negative lettering, but I am feeling VERY inspired to now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a lovely card Nathalie :) They would make a great stencil as well!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!