Pages

September 28, 2012

Learn Something New Everyday 2012 + Tutorial



I have not mentioned it here yet but I have decided to take Shimelle's Learn Something New Everyday class again this September. It is my fourth year taking the class and each time I have created a very different mini album for it.
I used my September Citrus Twist kit to make this one and wrote a tutorial originally posted on the Citrus Twist blog. Here it is if you have not seen it yet:

How to create a fun mini journal out of kit leftovers?
Even after creating three layouts with my beautiful September kit, I was able to make this fun mini journal, inspired by Monika Wright, with the rest of my kit. All I added from my stash for the structure was a vintage music sheet, a vintage book page and an office tag. But you can have fun and add whatever you want from your stash!

Here are the steps for you to make your own: (all measurements are in inches)
1/ Cut your cover out of (my favorite) the Crate Paper “Document” sheet to 10x7
2/ Cut a piece of the Crate Paper “Spool” sheet to 4x8
3/ Then cut a music sheet to 6.5x8.5, use a border punch on the sides and add some red 
sewing (as seen in close up below)

4/ Cut a piece of kraft cardstock to 6x9, round the corners and sew along all sides

5/ Cut another piece of the Crate Paper “Spool” sheet to 6.5x9.5
6/ Cut a piece of scrap from the Crate Paper “Tomorrow” paper to 4.5x6
7/ Cut a vintage book page to 5x7.75

8/ and cut another piece of kraft cardstock to 6x6 and round the corners
9/ Fold all these pages in half one by one and stack them up (in the order above) all 
together, lining them upat the fold.
10/ Add the glassine bag from the kit in the center (as shown below)

11/ After clipping all the pages together with a binder clip, machine sew all the pages 
together slowly following the center fold (as seen above)
Voila, all you have to do now is decorate your cover and the inside pages with the 
wonderful embellishments from the kit such as the Crate Paper chipboard elements!

Here are a few extra shots of some the inside pages I have created so far:

As always, you are welcome to leave your questions in the comments and pinning is ok with me. Have a great weekend!

15 comments:

  1. Oh la la, SO SO SO cute!!!!!!!!!!! I really adore this type of mini, need to get brave and make one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Thank you for the tutorial. I've been wanting to make a mini like this for some time now. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute mini....love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful!!!! I love love love love how you put this together!!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the book pages!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cool book, I love all the different pages, and the addition of the glassline bag! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you like my style of mini books, makes me smile! Yours is gorgeous, of course, thanks for sharing your creativity with us all!

    Monika
    iloveitallwithmonikawright.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so jolly - full of invention and interest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Qu'est ce que c'est beau! Magnifique travail Nathalie♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so darling and something I'm going to have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great little tutorial! i love this, especially how you incorporated the little glassine envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the great tutorial. I love all of the various papers and elements that you built into the album. I keep saying I'm going to make an album like this, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Maybe this will be the season that I actually DO it???

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Nathalie :) I loved seeing what everyone was making, but I just did not have time to participate this year. Your album is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!