Pages

April 05, 2013

Simply A Moment: March 15, 2013 4:24pm

Here is a new page using the not-yet-revealed (sshhh!) April Citrus Twist main kit  - It is based on a sketch by DT member Kasia (shown below) and the "Simply A Moment" blog même created by Alexa on her blog Trimming the sails. This même consists of, once a month, stopping for a minute and taking in your surroundings to record a simple memory. I have been wanting to play along for a while and this is my first contribution:


I feel that the point of this exercise is the journaling more than the photos so I just used a shot taken with my phone, turned it black and white and then layered a Crate Paper overlay (included in the kit) to give it a "tunnel"/"flashback" look, hopefully leaving some emphasis on the journaling lines. Even the handwritten words that are part of the background paper (from Maggie Holmes) were perfect for the subject!

Journaling: "March 15, 2013 4:24pm: Even though I am always reluctant to go, and maybe because I just read a blog post about the importance of unplugging for the sake of family happiness, I find myself kicking a soccer ball at the park with xxx. The fog is rolling in and there's almost nobody around. I notice the buds on the trees and the sound of the birds chirping. We play, act goofy even, and I can see how much he enjoys being here. I am so glad to share this simple moment, with him."



If you were ever tempted to join Citrus Twist Kits, now is the time! Trina is offering a $5 gift card to the store with any new 3-month sub and a $10 gift card + a pack of Thickers for any new 6-month sub!

Can't wait to share the rest of my April pages with you! Have a fabulous weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Love the page...and a precious moment with your son!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page - great choice of papers and I like that you changed the photo to black & white - it works so well. Have an enjoyable weekend, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful, love the layers and journalling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the little bird!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful layout! And it's nice to see you joining the simple moment meme. I really love reading these.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see the rest of your pages too - I think this kit is going to be outstanding.

    Your layout is beautiful. I especially love the little splashes of blue

    ReplyDelete
  7. J'adore cette page!!! Elle est magnifique, j'aime son coté un peu free, le layering!! bref TOUT!! Biz

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful! And I feel very honoured you chose to use this lovely kit for your Simply A Moment - welcome and delighted to see you :). Apart from all the visual loveliness, I especially like the way you captured in those strips just what you were thinking and feeling at the time. Hoping you will join in again and thank- you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is a fabulous page, I totally luv all the script...it reminds me of life; a script we write each day... awesome!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joli page encore une fois! J'ai bien recu les tampons cette semaine! Merci encore pour le jeu

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can only imagine how great this kit is going to be if your stunning page is any indication! wowser!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!