Pages

May 04, 2013

Tutorial: Mini album stamp organizer


This is a tutorial I shared on the Citrus Twist blog this week. It will show you how to create a fun little mini album to organize small acrylic stamps (such as the ones I have been accumulating from Citrus Twist kits!). It is a cute and practical way to store and carry them around. It will also work to store or gift photos, tags, PL cards, gift cards, etc...

You need very few supplies to make one too:
- one 12x12 sheet of double sided paper
- scoring tool and ruler
- washi tape
- a small circle punch and an eyelet
- a small piece of scrap paper for the closure
- twine
- alphas/embellies to decorate the front

(most of my supplies came from the April main and embellishment kits from Citrus Twist)


1/ Cut a 12"x12" double sided patterned paper in half (into two 6"x12" strips) then score every 2.75", leaving you with a 1" flap at the end of each strip. Cut that flap from only one of the papers:


2/ Score a line 2" from the bottom through the length of both strips and fold the flaps over as seen below:


3/ Grab the strip with the 1" flap at the end and score a line 3/4" from the edge and fold as shown in order to allow your mini to have some volume:

  
4/ Attach your two long strips of paper together with washi tape both on the inside and the outside, then add washi tape along the folds as I did below:


5/ To create the closure, punch a 3/4" circle out of a piece of scrap paper and attach it the the end flap with an eyelet:


6/ Tie a 20" long piece of twine to the eyelet and wrap around the album. Embellish as you wish:


and finally arrange your CTK stamps into the pockets that are perfectly sized for them :)

As always with my tutorials, I will be happy to answer any questions in the comments! 
Happy National Scrapbooking Day my friends!

10 comments:

  1. I think this is a wonderful idea! Those cute CT stamps are entirely responsible for me finally getting some ink on my pages and I love them

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!! I love love love it!! Pinning this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, this is a brilliant idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh this is a fantastic idea - I am always loosing the small stamps so this is perfect....thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superbe idée!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute project! By the way, I sent you an email about the blog giveway you won. If you don't receive it, just contact me through my blog - my email is on my profile page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. super chouette M'Dame! et puis on pourrait un faire un en cadeau et y mettre autre chose...ça m'inspire tout ça ;o)
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! I found you through Craft Gossip. I am so happy to find you. Hope you don't mind if I follow you & your creativity. ~Jo Ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that´s so cool! I have to try it! Hello, from Hamburg, Germany - Pami

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!