Pages

February 01, 2014

Citrus Twist Organizing Blog Hop: Memorabilia

Welcome to the Citrus Twist Kits Organizing Blog Hop! We have some fun inspiration, great organizational ideas & awesome prizes! Let's start the year with good intentions shall we? :) Each of our designers along this Hop is sharing a tip to help you get your crafty space organized and more functional.

For my part I want to share my very recent overhaul of memorabilia:






I have had this cardboard box under my craft table for ages (the cobweb should attest to that!!) and the result was that I was never scrapping the memorabilia I have accumulated in this mess! I wanted to change that and found all I needed at Target. I bought a file box and colorful hanging file folders (paid less than $20 for both).
I started sorting by year and by type. I discovered that I accumulated more memorabilia during trips (probably typical) so decided that each big trip would get its own folder. Then, for each year, I also created a "Home" folder with programs, theater tickets, notes from my kids or school events. 
I still have more to sort but I am already extremely happy with the change! Do you have a system for your memorabilia? Is it working for you? Do you end up using more bits and pieces on your pages because of it?

☞ Now for the Prizes: Two lucky commenters who hop to ALL design team blogs will win a $10 Gift Card to the Citrus Twist Store, plus another lucky person will win a Citrus Twist main kit.
You just need to leave a comment on EVERY designer's blog to be entered to win. Finish on the Blog Hop post on the Citrus Twist blog and comment that you hopped to each blog and we will pick the winners from those that commented. Comments end Tuesday February 4th. Winners will be announced on the Citrus Twist Kits blog by Friday February 7th.

Here's the list to continue on:
Nathalie Leonelli <<< YOU ARE HERE

Happy hopping!

30 comments:

  1. What a GREAT idea!!!! I loveeeeeeee what you did with these goodies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have several photo envelopes full of memorabilia ...it's hard to find anything there, so often I don't use them. Your system looks very clear. Storing all these little bits and pieces by theme is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. I think I'm doing this too but by months of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. an organizer after my own heart! LOL i love file folders!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love saving memorabilia and I put it in an accordion folder. I love the storage box idea for when I just have too much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea of keeping up with memorabilia!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good idea - I can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's the one thing I have a hard time keeping up with is memorabilia! This is a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trust me, the first picture looks way more organized than mine! But the aftermath looks so easy to navigate through!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the way everything fit perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tend to throw them away just because I do not know how to keep them! I love the file ho,der, wish I could found them here :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great way to organize your memorabilia!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great idea Nathalie...I should do something similar! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this idea!! I store my scraps in the same time of container and it works fabulously!! Thanks for sharing!! : ) Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is an awesome idea! I have memorabilia that goes up to when a was 2 years old!!! And for now, everything is separated in about 5 boxes, with no sense what so ever.... It's a good idea to stow everything by date. I'm thinking, even if it's not memorabilia meant to go on pages, this is a great idea. I'll definitely look into that!!! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My memorabilia looks like your first box! I really do need to come up with something more organized. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ok, your box (before) looks very much like my memorabilia box - thanks for the motivation to get moving on getting it in a book or organized better.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great idea to store and organize your memorabilia! That's definitely something I need to do also :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOOOVE this box! I've actually just gotten a filing cabinet in my scrap room [yeah, spoiled, I know!!]....hadn't thought of storing my memorabilia in there....great tip!! Thanks for the hop:):)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great scrap place. I love this kind of things - sharing work spaces is very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have memorabilia stored in a binder but I am not using it enough. I think I may need to try something new

    ReplyDelete
  22. I had a "flashback" when I saw your box .. hee, hee ... Love your storage solution!
    Thanks for sharing
    Sylvia ~

    ReplyDelete
  23. that's a good idea. I have memorabilia poked in all sorts of places. i really should sort it all out x

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's a great scrappy storage idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great idea. I just purged my studio and came up with a lot of memorabilia that all mixed together right now. Don't think I need a large file box, but definitely need to sort it by event.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I don't have too much memorabilia so I don't really organize it, but I like your storage solution!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I so need to do that to some extent, right now it looks like your before photo :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!