Pages

June 09, 2014

What I am focusing on Blog Hop

Change of plan, I will share my One Photo & Twenty Words post tomorrow because I was tagged by Karen over at Me My Camera Eye for this "What I am focusing on Blog Hop". Along with other tagged bloggers, I have to answer four questions and then nominate three other bloggers so that they would in turn answer the same questions.

I agreed to participate so that it would maybe tell you a bit more about me...

What am I working on now?
If you have been a regular here, you know that I have been designing for two kit clubs, Citrus Twist Kits and Scraptastic Club, for well over a year now. I use all my creative time, energy and ideas working for these two teams... it can be limiting sometimes and time consuming other times but the pros largely outweigh the cons! I love it! I constantly work on layouts and cards but I have also just started a PL style travel album.


How does your work differ from others of its kind?
I don't believe my work really differs from other scrapbookers and paper crafters out there. All I know is that I pour myself into each creation (could that be why it takes me hours to make a page?) and maybe that's where the difference comes from. Each project has a little bit of me in it :)

Why do I create what I do?
A lot of scrapbookers will mention future generations, posterity, documentation, when talking about their purpose but, my first reason for scrapbooking is a selfish one: it is a creative outlet for my own enjoyment. I love the process! Then come the other reasons mentioned above.
Now, a big part of me creates to share with others. I love it when something I have made sparks an idea for someone else!


How does my creative process work?
It starts with a new kit, each month. Once I go through a kit, I will pull paper or color combinations that I like. An element (a sticker, a stamp, a journaling card) might give me an idea. Then I look through my photos to find a story to tell or more simply a shot with my kid wearing the right shirt for the papers I picked! Another starting point could be a sketch or a challenge found online. After printing my photos at home, I will head to my scrap table and start cutting papers. The arranging, rearranging, pushing things around, trying things can will take forever! I will adhere only once the project is close to completion, call it fear of commitment, I call it perfectionism! :P
I might have a new idea for a project (the latest being my PL travel mini) after spending quite some time reading blogs and on Pinterest. I get such a rush when I start something new! :)


Now, I would like to nominate three bloggers (in no particular order) and hopefully they will in turn answer those questions and continue this "What I am focusing on" blog hop:

  1. Julie at Life with the Tucker and Wolek Clan because Julie is one of the most prolific scrapbookers I know and such an awesome cheerleader in the scrapbooking world!
  2. April Joy at The Quirky Craftineer because she has many talents (have you seen her calligraphy?!!) plus I know her in real life :)
  3. Alexandra at Art, Scrap & More because she is a master at blogging about her creative process and she played a role in my starting this blog ;)
Thank you Karen for nominating me!



9 comments:

  1. Thank you Nathalie for taking part. I really enjoyed reading your post and getting to know you better and your work process. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading more about YOU!!!!! And loving the photos!! Thanks for nominating me!! So honored!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been really enjoying these posts from this different kind of blog hop. It's good, always, to hear some of the "behind the scenes" stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weren't we lucky to be nominated by Karen! A super post Nathalie and I enjoyed reading your process x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found your blog through Pinterest :) I like your work! It's light and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great insight, food for thought thankyou so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your answers. Scrapbooking also started for me as a creative outlet, but as I found other creative outlets, my scrap pages have become simpler and more documentary I think.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed reading about your process Nathalie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post Nathalie!! and so fun to see your desk :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!