Pages

April 13, 2016

Beach Fun


Hello! I am on the Imaginisce blog today sharing this new layout created with the fun and bright Sunny collection. This collection has totally inspired me to dig through last summer’s photos from our vacation at the beach:


One of my favorite things in the collection is the pack of ephemera and it was the starting point for this page. Once I had selected my photos I worked on the cluster at the bottom of the page. I love the mixture of die-cuts, acetate shapes and Sticker Stacker! I added a few stitches to ground the grouping a bit more.
The photos are layered on the B sides of "Fun in the Sun" and "Sweet Melon". The pretty "Hello Summer!" strip comes from the bottom of the "Sweet Melon" paper.
A few more pieces from the ephemera pack were added to the top part of the page, balancing the bottom heavy page. Isn't that sun the cutest?! 
A side note regarding the acetate shapes in the ephemera pack: it's hard to see but don't forget to peel off the plastic film on top. You will discover a much brighter and shinier embellishment once you do :)

My design was inspired by the current challenge at Stuck?! SketchesI just adapted it to make an 8.5x11 page.

And here's one more look at the finished layout:

and now to dream of summer.... :)

Merci et A bientôt!

6 comments:

  1. What a great page, Nathalie, love the grouping of embellishments at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun and fabulous take on the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches! PS thanks for the tip about the film on the acetate pieces I had no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. J'adore cette page Nathalie!
    Le contraste entre les décos très colorées et ce blanc sont du plus bel effet!
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful and bright take on the sketch, love it. Thanks for playing along with us at Stuck?!.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love everything about this layout! The colors, the layers, the stitching... Awesome! Thanks for being part of the inspiration over at Stuck?! Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super FUN page!! Stitching and flamingos are my two favorites - love it
    Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!