Pages

June 27, 2016

Instalove

Happy Monday! Did you know that June 29th is Social Media Day? It's also the theme on the Imaginisce blog this week. I decided to use that as a prompt to look into my online habits. The conclusion: I am seriously addicted to Instagram!!!
The layout I am sharing today (sorry I struggled with the light for the photos) was created mostly with the Sunny collection as well as a few items from my stash (see list of supplies below):


The design is based on a Pagemaps sketch from February 2016. 
I created a frame with strips of patterned paper and positioned my photo on one of the strips. The journaling sneaks out of one side and I made the title pop by placing white Thickers on top of hot pink cardstock.
Here are a couple of close-ups:

Here's one last look at the whole 8.5x11 page:

We are all on social media these days but they evolve and we do as well. As I wrote in my journaling above, I went from forums and blogs to mostly Instagram which I am sure will be replaced down the line by something else, hence the idea of recording it on a page! If you do decide to record your online habits, I recommend you include the "tool" you use as well because that will change even faster! Imagine seeing a page about the computer or phone your parents or grandparents were using ;)

As this is my last project for Imaginisce, I would like to thank Cari, our design team coordinator for selecting me to join the team! It has been fun, I have made new friends and I wish her and the other designers the best!

Supplies:
Imaginisce: patterned papers, American Crafts: fabric Thickers, cardstock, Simple Stories: die-cut, Studio Calico and Scraptastic Club: wood veneers, Scraptastic Club: flair button.
SaveSave

3 comments:

  1. Nathalie, this came out great! I am addicted to Instagram as well! I recognize your work from there and follow you! :) You post such cute things! This turned out great. I'm in love with the Sunny collection and used every last drop of mine! Have a great week! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathalie, this came out great! I am addicted to Instagram as well! I recognize your work from there and follow you! :) You post such cute things! This turned out great. I'm in love with the Sunny collection and used every last drop of mine! Have a great week! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable layout, Nathalie, and definitely something fun to look back on once a new craze takes over! :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!