Pages

August 04, 2017

Wild & Free (in my Traveler's Notebook)

Hello friends! I am back today to share a new page in my Traveler's Notebook. I am still working on the same notebook I started a couple months ago to record a fun day trip in the California desert. 
For this page, I printed a collage of the wildlife we saw, hence the title "Wild and Free":
I used the July TN kit from Gossamer Blue, the gold puffy stickers from their Life Pages kit and 2 butterflies from my old stash. 

The left page is made of two papers from the TN kit that I cut at an angle and stitched together and the right is another one of the kit's papers that I fed into my manual typewriter. Here's the full journaling:
"The desert was full of life. We saw lizards, spiders, hummingbirds, butterflies and millions of caterpillars. At some point, the roads were completely covered with caterpillars (dead and alive)- something none of us had seen before. It was impossible to avoid them and we found ourselves routing for them to make it across :)".

I am still getting used to this format, especially how to handle the middle crease... but I am enjoying it. 
Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. My goodness, I can't imagine what that must have been like, roads crawling with caterpillars! Your butterfly is the perfect addition ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A road covered in caterpillars? That must have been an amazing sight!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!