Pages

October 04, 2017

Project Life 2017: Week 28

...And another week is in the books! I have been busy with a new project I am very excited to share with you soon but in the meantime I managed to finish another week in my 6x12 album:
I am back to using (and still very much in love with) the July kits from Gossamer Blue. I also added a couple of die-cut stickers from Simple Stories. The color combination was totally inspired by the "July" title card.
Without adding too much bulk, dimension is brought on by the chipboard embellies, enamel dots but also the die-cut stickers adhered with foam squares. They are enough, on top of patterned papers, to create your own filler cards:
I tried something new to me by journaling on a series of half labels (leftovers) attached to the edge of a photo. I really like how it attracts the eyes to that top area and brings all the colors of the spread together (just like the title card):

Here is one more look at the entire week in my album:

Ideas/tips:
- try what I did by journaling on several labels and placing them on an edge
- don't forget to add a bit of dimension to your pages, even if you don't like bulk. Chipboards, wood veneers, staples, raised stickers, enamel dots are all good options
- include big purchases (like a new iPad, or new phone) even if they are not yours ;) I like to include technology because I know things change very fast in that domain and it will be fun in a few years to remember what was the latest and greatest at this point in time!

If you have other ideas you think I should try, chime in below! As always, I thank you for stopping by! 

1 comment:

  1. The little tabbed and coloured labels on that photo with the dark clouds is such a neat idea - another lovely spread. And my interest is well and truly piqued by your new project. I will be watching out with interest :).

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!