For this page, my color choices were inspired by the restaurant business card that I wanted to include (on the left page). I found all the filler and journaling cards I used in the Studio Calico Alfresco Documenter kit. Then I used a variety of embellishments from different companies: mostly Simple Stories but also Scraptastic and Gossamer Blue.
The kids and I made our own cotton candy for the first time! And it was delicious!
The card above is definitely a favorite. It has a great graphic design and it brings the colors in the spread together. Here is one more look at the pages once placed in my album:
Note: If you saw my previous post, you know that the left side page protector is actually the back of a folded 12x12 page (Design A) and I wanted to point out that you can't even tell from looking at this spread ;)
Tips/Ideas:
- use memorabilia as inspiration for your color combination
- forgo the weekly date marker if you want to! (you can always add a date on a photo or two for context)
- mix borderless photos and photos with a white border for variety or to distinguish between events
Thank you for stopping by! Have a fabulous weekend!





Hi there,
ReplyDeleteI’m the Community Manager with Anagram Interactive, where we specialize in connecting established brands with prominent bloggers. We’re currently working with Paperless Post, a company that designs customizable online and printed stationery, to show that communication can be personal and well-designed regardless of the medium.
Paperless Post has partnered with several world-famous designers and lifestyle brands, including kate spade new york, Oscar de la Renta, Jonathan Adler, and Rifle Paper Co., and has delivered over 85 million cards to date. Since you have such an engaging and beautifully-designed blog, we’d like to offer you 400 Paperless Post digital Coins (a $40 value) for free to try out our online service and write about your experience.
We really think you’ll enjoy Paperless Post and can’t wait to hear what you think. Please let me know if this is something you’d be interested in and I’ll show you how to get started.
Best,
Ann
ann@anagraminteractive.com
I just sat looking at this spread for a good five minutes ... it's just so lovely!
ReplyDeleteYou are so good not just at picking colours for your pages to suit the photos, but in balancing them so that the eye travels round the page and the whole hangs together so nicely. What Ruth said!
ReplyDelete