(a good portion of this post was written for the Elle's Studio blog but I wanted to share it here also)
Hello! I have a memory planner spread to share with you today and it is a first! I have been wanting to give this form of memory keeping a try seeing how popular it is and I was inspired to experiment with my February kit plus the new Icon Stamp Set from Elle's Studio.
I first printed my photos for the week in different (small) formats then I pulled out my kit and some extras (all from the February release). I then pre-planned my stamping after arranging my photos but before adding layers with tags, die-cuts, stickers, labels and washi tape.
The dotted line stamp was perfect to create a space for journaling in the middle of my left page:
I am a big fan of black ink when stamping and I like how the black circle stamps catch the eye and add contrast. With sayings like "High Five", "So Cool", "The Details" and "Right Now", they can be used for many different situations. Here, the first one illustrates how I felt about my step count for the week and the other establishes the subject of my journaling.
The bold and simple icons paired with some of my photos act as teasers for the journaling because they make you want to know more about what is going on in the shot. Bonus: they fit very well on the February blank label stickers.
Stamping is a great way to embellish and keep your pages on the flat side, which is key in a planner!
Before I leave, I have to give you my verdict about this new-to-me memory keeping form: I LOVE it! That's the good news, the bad news is now I am conflicted about my choice of format for documenting 2018! I do love my 6x12 pockets but man, this is really fun too, in a freeing way... Help me! What do you think of both formats? How are you documenting your 2018?




Your spread looks wonderful, and very creative - and from what you say, lots of fun to do ... I like the way the black pulls it together. I wish I had a definitive solution to your query. Could you use your 6x12 pockets for major events/trips/outings/family etc., and your planner for the sorts of more personal info/detail/single photos? I have planned to try this type of division this month (photobook plus personal adhoc bits-and-pieces journal) - I'll let you know :).
ReplyDelete