Pages

January 30, 2019

Traveler's Notebook page with Elle's Studio

I work on recording my Summer travels pretty much year round but I especially enjoy doing so during the winter months! I was inspired by Elle's Studio January kit and extras to get back into my traveler's notebook and create this new spread about.... foie gras!
Supplies: January kit, Mini Dated stamp, All My Heart 6 x 6 paper stack, Sweetheart puffy stickers, Heart and star acetate die cuts, Hazel alphabet stickers in light purple, Navy puffy alphabet stickers

When working in pockets, I feel somewhat limited with the layering so I had a blast adding layers here, using a mix of patterned papers, die-cuts, journaling tags and acetate embellies:
The Heart and star acetate die cuts have been rocking my world this month. They are awesome for layering and I wanted to show you how to play with the see-thru aspect by adding elements both behind and on top of them. Don't you love the result?
I had two photos for my left page and I placed them on the inner edge leaving room for a vertical title. I used two contrasting alphabet stickers (Hazel in light purple and navy puffy stickers) and decided to not center them perfectly, reflecting a bit of the layered look of the opposite page.
The final touches were made to balance out the colors between the two sides, with a strip of color here, an extra die-cut there and a few puffy dots. Take a look at the pages once I put them in my (deconstructed) TN:
Do you let loose in your TN? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!