Pages

May 12, 2019

A garden themed pocket letter (with Doodlebug Design)

Now that I know it was received, I can share this piece of happy mail with you today. I recently was inspired to create a garden themed pocket letter with the Simply Spring collection from Doodlebug Design:
 The die-cuts from the Odds & Ends and Chit Chat packs take center stage and that's because they are usually the first things I reach for when working with a Doodlebug collection. They are perfectly scaled for this project. I paired them with various papers from the 6x6 paper pack.

I have included a pack of Doodle-pops on which I created a topper and a pack of enamel ladybugs into a sewn pocket. In the middle, I made a shaker pocket with a combination of sequins and small die-cuts.  
This little bee card might be my favorite. I used strips of paper, a sticker and a speech bubble along with a jelly clip for my recipient. Which pocket is your favorite?
Tips for creating pocket letters:
1/ Treat each pocket like a little layout or a present
2/ Small embellishments make it fun for your recipient to look around and maybe find surprises not visible at first (also don't forget to add goodies behind the pockets)
3/You can also decorate on the outside of the pockets like I did above. Larger items can span over a couple of pockets for a different look or just stick out (like the doily and sticker above) 
Have you made pocket letters before? 

1 comment:

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!