Hello, I am back today with my latest (and last) pocket page created with the 30 Days of Lists prompts and the May release, several stamp sets and other extras from Elle's Studio.
Supplies: May 2020 kit, Eat Sleep Repeat Printables, May Labels, Currently Icon Journaling Tags, Flourish 6x8.5 inch Paper Stack, Icon Chipboard Stickers, Puffy Heart Stickers, Acrylic Stars, Currently Icon Stamp, Typewriter Alphabet Stamp, Springtime Tabs Stamp, Large Jane Alphabet Stamp-Stripes, Large Jane Alphabet Stamp-Outline, Large Jane Alphabet Metal DieMy favorite way to build a cohesive pocket page is, first, to balance journaling tags and photos and second, to select two main colors with touches of a third one to complement. Both things that I didn't do with the page shared in my last post...
I was very attracted by all the different blues in the new release and they looked great with the fuchsia tags.
Don't you love how the black stamping pops against them? I had a lot of fun using my stamps here, my favorite being the Typewriter Alphabet.
Like many of you, I am typically more of a typed journaling kind of scrapbooker but switching to handwritten felt more natural as all the journaling was personal reflections (with prompts from the March 30 Days of Lists class) but also to contrast with the stamped words.
Before calling it done, and because stamping is great but can still feel a little flat, I'd recommend thinking about dimension when adding final embellishments to your page. I used the new Icon Chipboard stickers for that, as well as the Acrylic stars and Puffy Heart stickers.Do you go back and forth between typed and handwritten journaling depending on your projects? Or do you stick with one method?




The blue/pink combination works really well - lovely!
ReplyDelete