Pages

July 20, 2020

Pocket pages using free printables from SCT Magazine

Hello scrappy friends! I'd like to share with you a spread I created using the free resources that SCT Magazine offers in the form of printables, cut files and digital stamps. After perusing the offerings going as far back as 2014, I selected a set of coordinated cards plus some digital stamps and made 6x12 pocket pages:
Supplies | Bonus Files Summer 2018 Before We go cards by Cathy Zielske, Bonus Files Summer 2016 Digital Stamps by Cathy Zielske and Sheri Reguly; patterned paper: Doodlebug Design; stamps, metal dies, acetate embellishments, puffy stickers, label, wood veneers: Elle's Studio; alphabet stickers, tape: Fancy Pants Designs

To start, I printed a set of the Summer 2018 Before We Go cards selected to contrast with my dark photos. I sent them straight to my printer loaded with a 8.5x11 sheet of matte photo paper. No fancy machine needed!
I also played with the digital stamps included in the Summer 2016 Bonus Files. Only using Word and the free Fotor.com editing website, I applied some on two of my photos before printing them.
I fussy cut the banner above from one of the printable 4x6 cards and I also used it to make two journaling spots.

To include the dates, I combined die-cut stamped letters and puffy alphabet stickers and for the journaling, I fed the cards into my manual typewriter. Finally, I went through my stash to find embellishments that would add texture and dimension.
Great benefits of using a SCT printable set like this:
- the color combination is set for you and all you have to do is add a few matching elements
- you can print several copies of the same card (great if you want to fussy cut parts of them)
- no purchase necessary, download whenever the inspiration strikes!

I hope this will inspire you to check out the many offerings that are included with each issue! Especially if you like to make pocket pages as I do, don't miss the last page of each magazine. There is always a set of fun filler and journaling cards featured and free to download. Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!