Hello friends! I am happy to be back to share a new project completely inspired by the Summer 2020 Scrapbook & Cards Today Magazine Issue. I like to flip through the pages when I am looking for ideas and this time, I combined two ideas while creating a layout about my son's first summer job.
Supplies: Cardstock: Doodlebug Design; Printable: Good Stuff cards by Cathy Zielske (Summer 2020 Issue); Patterned paper, Journaling cards, Puffy stickers, Letter stickers, Acetate letters, Label, Wood veneer: Elle's Studio; Font: Remington Noiseless, Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3LI first spotted Cathy Zielske's layout and free printable cards on page 58. I love a clean grid and the free printable looked awesome so I printed the 3x4 card to incorporate into a pocket page.
I placed it in the center, like Cathy did, and added a couple of puffy stickers to add dimension. Following Cathy's "even-steven" design tip, I used the same number of photos and journaling cards, alternating them in the pockets. The symmetry makes the grid "feel stable and calming". Emulating her clean style, I kept the embellishments to a minimum.The idea to make a double page layout came from Jennifer Larson's project page 72. I love her combination of an extra large photo on a traditional layout with a grid design on the opposite page.
My page being 9x12inches, I printed my large photo to 9x6.5inches. I created a title with a mix of wood veneer, puffy stickers and acetate letters from Elle's Studio. The large size is eye-catching and the different textures add interest. To ensure a continuity between the two pages, you might notice how I have carried over the rainbow colors of the printable with a rainbow sticker and a piece of patterned paper. Placing them in a visual triangle, along with the same star embellishments, makes the eye go across the entire double page spread.
Not only my skateboarder approved but I love to have his impressions on his first job documented!
Cheers!




This is lovely - full of interest and colour. I'm a big fan of a big photo! And I like the way you've used the little tabs to hold the questions.
ReplyDeleteThis is a great spread - your son will be so glad to have this visual reminder of his first job. :)
ReplyDelete