Pages

October 19, 2021

Sincere Sentiments collection: Wonderful You cards *

 Hello friends! I'm here to share some greeting cards I created with the new Sincere Sentiments Wonderful You collection by Elle's Studio. My card making heart was elated when Elle's Studio introduced this collection earlier this month as well as some solid color cardstock in a large array of cool and warm tones.

Supplies: Sincere Sentiments Wonderful You Chipboard Banners, Sincere Sentiments Wonderful You Acetate Stickers, Warm Solids Paper Stack, Cool Solids Paper Stack, Sincere Sentiments Wonderful You Stamp, Sincere Sentiments Wonderful You Metal Die, Thankful 6 x 8.5 inch Paper Stack, Banners Metal Dies, Autumn Die Cuts, Christmas Tiny Shapes and Dots Puffy Stickers


I found a sketch in the latest Scrapbook and Cards Today magazine and used it as inspiration to get started on my first card.  


I selected a combination of papers from both the Warm and Cool Solids paper stacks and added one patterned paper from the Thankful paper stack. I liked combining the Wonderful You stamps with the acetate stickers of the same name. They complement each other to create great sentiments.

For my second card, I continued creating with the same set of papers and pushed the sentiment in a circle idea a bit further.

I cut up some of the acetate stickers to fill out three of my punched circles and, using my Banners metal die set, created the rest of the sentiment with a stamp.

All my cards are embellished with one of my current favorites in the store, the Autumn die cut pack. Despite being a Fall themed product, I find it so timeless. I believe these cards can be appreciated any time of year.


To finish, I decided to create another card keeping the same supplies but with more of a "clean and simple" design.

I will finish this post with a couple of tips:
- find one inspiring piece (like a sketch or someone else's card) to start but continue exploring the design elements of this piece to create more than one project
- to make it easier, limit your supplies. Select a combination of papers you like and use the same set of stamps and embellishments, especially when they offer so many options like the Wonderful You stamps and stickers!
- make several cards at a time to have a stack ready when you need one
- don't be intimidated by fancy card making techniques. I didn't use anything complicated here, I stamped with black ink, used punches and a manual die cutter. That's it!

Thank you for stopping by! 

* Links are affiliate. You do not pay extra but I get a small commission if you use them. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!