Pages

July 26, 2022

Sinceres Sentiments Shaker cards

 Hello friends! I wrote this article for the Elle's Studio blog but also wanted to share these new cards with you here. I used a mix of their original Wonderful You and their newest Congrats Sincere Sentiments stamps and matching dies along with other card-making supplies from the shop.


Supplies: Sincere Sentiments Congrats Stamp, Sincere Sentiments Congrats Metal Die, Sincere Sentiments Wonderful You Stamp, Sincere Sentiments Wonderful You Metal Die, Banners Metal Dies, My Star Metal Die, Love You 6 x 8.5 inch Paper Stack, Cool Solids 6 x 8.5 inch Paper Stack, Magical Memories Puffy Heart and Star Stickers

It is while looking at my dies that I got the idea to make shaker cards. This first card started with the My Star Metal Die set.

I discarded the cut star and kept the negative part to create a window. I love the stitched detail from the die! Underneath, I layered cardstock and papers from the Love You and the Cool Solids Paper Stacks.
For the sentiment, I used my favorite stamp from the Congrats set and paired it with stamps from the Wonderful You set. I even embossed the congrats outline so it would pop even more against the bold Friend! in teal.
The puffy stickers in black from the Magical Memories collection add a different texture, contrast and details around the card. 

My second card was a bit trickier since I had the idea to use the same die (from the Wonderful You Metal Die set) three times, lining the cuts vertically and horizontally, and three shades of the same color as background for my shaker pockets.

I am very happy with the color gradient obtained with the Cool Solids Paper Stack.
Finally for the sentiment, I white embossed a stamp from the Congrats set and easily centered it into a banner with one of the Banners Metal Dies.
I hope to have inspired you to make cards with your stamps and your metal dies! The shaker pockets add an interactive element that is fun for anyone!
Thank you for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!