Pages

June 28, 2010

A summer favorite...

...is this simple recipe that I just posted on the Transparent Touches blog where I am hosting for the next two weeks (so you might see me here a little less!). It can be made year-round but, to me, it is best savored during the summer.

Ingredients:
- a bunch of fresh basil
- fresh mozzarella balls (I used 1 1/2 Ovoline from Trader Joe's)
- the best tasting tomatoes you can find (4/5)
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar

1. Slice the tomatoes and place them in a single layer on a big plate.
2. Slice the mozzarella balls as thin as you can (doesn't have to be perfect and it most likely won't be) and place them on top of the tomatoes.
3. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the whole plate making sure that there's at least a few drops on each slice. Add salt and fresh black pepper to taste.
4. Finally, snip basil leaves directly on top (using kitchen shears) across the plate. The last step is optional but it makes the dish even more enjoyable on a hot day: place the plate in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving, with a baguette of course!

PS: I am super excited to have my "10 Favorites" mini album featured today on the Ella Publishing's blog as Liz's Loves for June! Make sure to also check out the other fabulous selections!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Nathalie! Congrats on the mini album feature (that is SO awesome!) and I am with you on this salad...one of my all-time favorites. Hmm...I just bought a basil plant... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks YUMMY!!! LOVE IT!!! And congrats on the mini recognition!!! That is AWESOME! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have basil right now that needs a snip! And I adored your mini on the Ella blog {mine was the repurposed brag book photo album re-do}. I have an 18-year old boy and it's tough to do mini's for him...thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! droooooooooooooooooooooooooool!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!