Pages

July 15, 2011

Off the page! (tutorial and challenge for Burlap & Buttercups)

I am hosting the weekly challenge at the Burlap & Buttercups blog today and I hope to see some of you play this month! My challenge is to create something non-scrappy and "off the page" with your embellishments. You can find all the details here (and you have the rest of the month to enter).
Je vous propose un challenge aujourd'hui sur le blog de Burlap & Buttercups and j'espère vous voir jouer! Mon challenge est de créer quelque chose de différent, "hors-page" avec vos embellissements de scrap. Vous trouverez tous les détails pour jouer ici (et vous avez le reste du mois pour participer). J'ai créé les deux accessoires çi-dessous avec les fleurs et ruban du kit de juillet. Le tuto en image est trés simple mais si vous avez des questions, n'hésitez pas!
As examples, I created these hair accessories with the Petaloo Flora Doodles flowers and ribbon from the July kit. I am also sharing a quick tutorial:
For the headband: I simply purchased a pack of cheap headbands at Dollar Tree and wrapped the red ribbon from the kit around one of them (not overlapping or it will be too short). I then glued the ends and glued the Petaloo flower slightly off to the side.

For the hair clip (also from Dollar Tree), I covered a piece of patterned paper with transparent tape (I did not have any but I am sure Aleene's Paper Glaze would work nice too). I then traced the barrette on its back and hand-cut the shape. After a little sanding to smooth the edges, I glued the Petaloo flower on top and decided at the last minute to add some cardstock leaves.
Happy weekend to you all!

9 comments:

  1. OMGoodness!! So quick nd easy and I already have the ingredients needed to put this together!! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are FAB!! I loveeeeeee how you did this! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. C'est vraiment super ce projet!!
    Et ton fils est vraiment un "good sport" :o)

    Bises de KC

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative! Love the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea, Nathalie ~ I think I'm going to have to try these out for my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. C'est ravissant!
    Très bel effet dans les cheveux!!!
    bises,

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!