Pages

July 20, 2011

Sewing an apron: check

Sewing an apron as been on my wanting-to-do list for quite some time and I finally took the plunge after finding a super cute fabric at Beverly's. Mostly inspired by this tutorial from Sugar Bee Crafts, here's what I managed to create:
Cela faisait un moment que je voulais coudre un tablier et je suis enfin passée à l'action une fois avoir trouvé ce tissu marrant et un peu rétro et en utilisant plus ou moins ce tuto de Sugar Bee Crafts. Voici le résultat:
Three things: (1) I didn't have a pattern per say so there was a lot of adjustments needed as I went along. (2) It was my first time sewing ruffles and I loved how they came out. (3) I realized once done that it was just as cute as a half apron just by folding over the "bib" part.
Have you used your sewing machine lately? Do you have any sewing projects? This is probably my next one :) Toodeloo!
Trois choses: (1) N'ayant pas de patron, il m'a fallu faire plusieurs ajustements pendant la construction du tablier pour que les proportions soient bonnes. Pas facile! (2) C'était la première fois que je créais un volant à ruches et j'aime beaucoup le résultat. (3) J'ai réalisé une fois qu'il était fini qu'il était aussi joli en demi tablier en pliant simplement la partie du haut derrière.
Et vous, avez vous sorti votre machine à coudre dernièrement? Avez vous des projets de couture? Mon prochain projet sera sans doute celui-çi :) Allez, A+

6 comments:

  1. So adorable! You did an amazing job, Nathalie, and I love that fabric! It inspires me to brush off some sewing patterns that I had every intention of using and actually get to work! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tu es vraiment trop doue'!!!!! Le tablier est tellement chouette!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMYGOSH!!! I loveeeeeeeee it! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Il est TROP beau!
    Bravo Nathalie!!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable apron -- I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Il est adorable ce tablier! Des couleurs pétillantes et le tissu à mitif est trop fun!
    Bravooo

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!