Pages

October 21, 2011

My first Mail Art Exchange

A few months ago, I signed up to participate in my first Mail Art Exchange which was organized by Ginger of Ginger's Life of Spice. Ginger offered "Earth" as a theme and she was really good at letting the newbies, like me, feel like we could do it!
Here is the decorated envelope I sent:
Il y a quelques mois je me suis inscrite à mon premier échange de "Mail Art" qui était organisé par Ginger de Ginger's Life of Spice. Elle a proposé la Terre comme thème et a encouragé les nouvelles, comme moi, a essayer. Je me suis donc lancée et voici l'enveloppe que j'ai décoré:
 and the goodies inside:
A card, buttons, ribbon and a hand painted pebble I picked up at the beach with its provenance on the back.
J'ai inclus une carte, des boutons, du ruban et un galet que j'ai ramassé à la plage et peint avec sa provenance au dos.

And here is the envelope and goodies I was so excited to find in my mailbox a few days ago. All the way from Spain!
Et voici je ce que j'ai trouvé dans ma boite à lettre il y a quelques jours:
Thank you Alison for the fun envelope, the beautiful card, the bookmark and the magnet!
J'étais trop contente de recevoir une super fun enveloppe avec une belle carte, un marque page et un magnet. Merci Alison!

What did I learn from this first experience?
- Snail mail still rocks and it is really fun to receive an unusual looking envelope in your mailbox!
- It is even more fun to open it and see what the sender created and put together for you
- I love the connection it creates from a paper crafter to another paper crafter
- Decorating my envelope was easy and freeing compare to doing a page or even a card, it made me feel "artsy" for a second! :)
- I was hoping to hear back from my recipient at some point but have not... So send and forget about it!

Thank you Ginger! Have a great weekend!
Merci Ginger et passez un bon weekend!

10 comments:

  1. These look lovely, the envelope you made is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just glad it arrived safely! Love what you sent out
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer you didn't hear back to see if she got it :( That would be fun to know! I loveeeeee what you sent and what you got! I love the Nikki Sivils buttons you sent! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is a really cool idea -- I love how you used the map for your envelope, and incorporated some really pretty elements, both in the envelope and the contents. That pebble is gorgeous. I'm sorry to hear that the recipient didn't acknowledge your gift, but you're wise to adopt the "send it out for its own sake" attitude. I think I will sign up for the next round! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful examples of Mail art here :) If I had received either of those I would have been emailing my thanks immediately - they are just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the package you put together. What a lovely idea for the pebble, recording where it came from too. Your mail art looks fab I'd have been very pleased if that had dropped through my letter box.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun idea! Your envelope, card and other goodies were fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea, and what a lovely set of goodies you sent :) that envelope looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!