Pages

April 15, 2012

Karen's photo challenge and California's first Mission

I have lamely dropped out of Karen's 26-Week Photo challenge the past few months but I am trying to play along again and... I am still on auto mode :(
The latest challenge was simply doors and a little daytrip to California's first Mission, the Mission Basilica San Diego de Alcala, gave me more opportunity than my boring suburban environment!



I found both doors to be more interesting from the inside than the outside and I did have to edit the bottom one to increase exposure in order to see the details on the door.

I am sure that you would like to see more than just doors from this lovely Mission so here are a few more shots:




Cela fait plusieurs mois que je n'ai pas participé au défi 26-Week Photo Challenge de Karen mais je vais essayer de faire mieux... et je suis malheureusement toujours en mode "auto" :(
Le dernier challenge était simplement "portes" et une petite visite à la première Mission de Californie, la Mission Basilica San Diego de Alcala, m'a donné de meilleures opportunités que mon environnement de banlieue!
J'ai trouvé les portes plus intéressantes de l'intérieur que de l'extérieur et comme j'ai pensé que vous apprécierez de voir un peu plus que des portes j'ai partagé quelques autres clichés de cette belle Mission.

7 comments:

  1. At least you picked it back up :) I Loveeeeeeeee your photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking part Natalie and good to see you back :)
    Love the silhouette pattern the first door has created and gives us a peek as to what is outside.
    The second door has some lovely texture, it is very difficult to get the balance right when photographing something dark and something light as with this. I like the light on the closed door at the bottom showing abit of detail re the lock and the studs on the open door look like eyes to me :) especially the one on the bottom right with the wood pattern below it looks like a face, (eyes and lips)!!

    Yes I make pictures out of clouds as well - sad eh?
    Have fun with the next challenge. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The doors are beautiful - and so is that deep blue sky. I can feel the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the door photos, both are very atmospheric. I like they fact that you were inside looking out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely photo's we were in calafornia last year and having seen these I am looking forward to going back in september. I Like the last one as I love the pattern on the door xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pics...I do love those old Missions!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful photos!
    i adore that mission...and to think i did not appreciate it then when i actually lived there. and was not the photographer i am not...your photos are gorgeous. love seeing this through your eyes.

    ~jamie

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!