Pages

May 05, 2012

Guest Designer at Scrap Our Stash

This month I am the Guest Designer over at Scrap Our Stash and my layout was featured today. The May challenge is called "May I?" and consists of asking a blogger you follow if you can use something of theirs as inspiration for a page. I do read a lot of blogs but, right away, I thought about Miss Smith. I am her biggest fan! :) If you don't know her work yet, you are missing out!
I asked her if I could create a page based on this one here and she kindly agreed!

Click on photo to enlarge
As you can see, I stayed pretty close to hers, using the overall design but also some of her great elements like the banner, the mixed alphas and her "trademark" layering+ paper clips. I really like the result of this lift! Thank you Kirsty for letting me borrow a bit of your genius! :)

Je suis l'invitée du mois sur le blog Scrap Our Stash et ma page est présentée sur le blog aujourd'hui. Le challenge pour Mai est "May I?" et consiste à demander à une bloggeuse que l'on suit si on peut utiliser une de ses créas comme inspiration. J'ai tout de suite pensé à Miss Smith. Je suis une fan de ce qu'elle fait et si vous ne la connaissez pas encore, ne manquez pas de visiter son blog. Donc, aprés avoir obtenu la permission, je me suis servie de cette page comme inspiration pour ma page çi-dessus. J'ai gardé beaucoup de ses éléments (la banière, le mix de lettres, mais aussi son trombone) - J'aime bien le résultat. Merci à Kirsty de m'avoir laissé emprunter un peu de son génie! :)

19 comments:

  1. CONGRATS on the GDT! That's AWESOME!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee your lo!! Awesome pic and love love love the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! am off to lurk and leave love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done and what a lovely layout, love the layering and the bunting. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on it. Flattery in a lovely form.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic layout Nathalie, you've taken Miss Smiths and created your own x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the original AND your take on it! Fantastic photo and quote

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your LO! Thanks for joining us at SOS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great page Nathalie! Great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on guest DT!! LOVE all those details!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great take on Kirsty's page!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Slideview mirror photos are one of my favorite things. Adore what you've done with this, Nathalie. Gorgeous stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! I too love mirror shots.....I like sitting in the back and getting a shot of the person in front of me in the mirror....I may have to lift your lift! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great page, I love the misting and the paper clip. It's great to take inspiration from others sometimes, isn't it? You've done a great job of it! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant page and congrats on the GDT!!! and thanks for pointing out new blog and scrapper to follow!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a beautiful page. oh and BTW you won the rak on my blog for the NSD giveaway. If you have the time, please hop on over back to the blog for details on how to claim them. thanks and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous layout Nathalie! Love the quote and the photo together - it is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just perfect! It's a style you've really made your own. I especially like those artfully placed little strips with the loops.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!