Pages

September 02, 2012

Sending an elephant to Poland for my 500th post!


Yes, you read that right, this is my 500th post and to celebrate this milestone (representing 3 1/2 years of blogging!) I am participating in a charity event which is attempting to gather hundreds of homemade elephants for children in hospital in Poland. I first heard about it on the scrapbooking blog of the talented Magda M and found all the details on the art-iaskownica's challenge blog.


I had everything I needed to create my pachyderm in my stash and used this free pattern from Bustle & Sew to help me make him.
You can also participate but the deadline to send in elephants to the Foundation in Gdansk (which in English is called the Elephants on the Balcony Foundation:) is September 21st.
And as a thank you, if you decide to play along after reading this and link me to your elephant (by the deadline date), I will send you a set of my homemade embroidered tags as seen below and a few other things that might fit in an envelope ;) Just leave me your link under this post.

Paying it forward is the best form of celebration! Here's to many more posts and many more elephants!

11 comments:

  1. How exciting!!! I just loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee that elephant and your tags are AWESOME!!!!! Happy 500th post!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Your elephant is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my God! Nathalie you are very good person, you know about it? :) I'm sure your elephant will cheer up some kid a lot. It's adorable :) Thank you for playing with us and thank you for kind words (and visiting my blog!). Have a lovely day!
    Magda

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous little elephant,he will definitely win the heart of some child and bring them a lot of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natalie, this is a wonderful idea. That elephant is sure to be much loved! You know, I might just have time..

    Oh and congrats on making 500 posts - that's a lot of inspiration! Here's to many more

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on 500 posts! I love the elephant idea- yours turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your post!! And that elephant is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your 500th post!! I always love reading it and seeing the inspiration you bring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your elephant is wonderful what a lovely thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, your elephant is gorgeous! Some kid will be very, very happy!
    I made some for Foundation, but rather flat, not in 3D - I think if I knew this pattern earlier, I could have done something similar, because your toy is so great!
    My elephants:
    http://asia-majstruje.blogspot.com/2012/09/sonie-unisex.html
    Greetings from Poland!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, so cute, Nathalie, and what a great idea. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!