Pages

January 31, 2013

My Month in Numbers: The 2013 edition!

 

After a break, what better month than January to join the talented Julie from Notes on paper again in summarizing our lives every month with numbers? This will be my year-long project for 2013 (replacing the Take 12 of last year) and hopefully at some point, I will be able to present them as scrapbook pages like many others do (I admired all of Sian's last year).

So, in no particular order, here are my numbers for January:

2684 km = 1668 miles: the crazy distance we ended up driving our rental while in Europe for 10 days!

23 hours: the time it took us to get back home from our Holidays in France (no, not by car but with US Airways, which by the way, I DO NOT recommend!). Every time, I go through this I wish I had the super power of teleportation!

1: number of goals scored by oldest son halfway through his season on his High School soccer team. Tough stuff!
(Marika Magic leggings-photo from Kohl's)
2: number of workout pants purchased early in the month to motivate myself to move more: it's working + they make me look skinny in the mirrors at the gym (insert two thumbs up)


(Big Dipper Arc Floor lamp-photo from CB2)
$199: spent on a new floor lamp for the living room. Looks great with our high ceilings :)

8: number of days I survived without my computer!!! A new graphic card and $181 later, it is now back home (and looking better!)

2: number of handmade birthday cards I sent this month which is 200% better than what I did last year... hopefully I can continue this trend!

1: number of books I read this month... It's alright, not worth all the hype, IMO...

...and that nicely brings me to this page, which was the most viewed on the blog this month with 49 visits. 

Now, go on to Julie's blog and/or check out the dedicated Month in Numbers Pinterest board! ...and feel free to join!

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun month! :)
    I thought 50 Shades was a bit over-hyped too...glad I'm not the only one.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good numbers. 50 shades trilogy was ok! I preferred Bared to you by Sylvia day! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be checking for your recommendation at my library :) Thank you Louise!

      Delete
  3. A lovely varied selection - and a very elegant lamp :). Eight days without a computer sounds an age ... I never thought I'd hear myself think that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love love your monthly lists!! I really loved last years and can't wait for the journey this year! I actually liked the 3rd 50 shades book the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to have you continue into 2013 Nathalie - I love how people have found a way to work Month in Numbers into their life-documenting and scrapbooking. I hope you have lots of fun creating your number pages.

    As for you books of 2012 page - that's just the kind of thing I'm thinking of doing this year. Maybe in a mini-album ... not sure yet.

    Sounds like a busy trip - I'm sure you;ve got enough photos to keep you scrapping for a while!

    I've added you to the board now: http://pinterest.com/notesonpaper/my-month-in-numbers/

    Happy February!

    Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos and your scrapbook page is lovely. Fab papers. Look forward to seeing the coming months.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your month in numbers x
    Wow that sure is a lot of mileage.
    I hope you enjoyed your trip x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's a lot of miles!
    ..and the rest of your numbers are interesting ones too. A busy month!

    And thank you. I'm glad you liked my pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you know, nowadays, nothing gets me excited like people working out, mentioning working out, buying workout clothes, blogging about working out, lol. So I'm just going to be a cheerleader here!! ALLEZ!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great list, I think I'm the only one who found that book boring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely layout about the books. I like your your motivation for more exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love that you took a photo of the broken computer screen - 8 days without would be so frustrating

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your scrapbooking style, fresh and fun! I totally forgot to look at the km when we arrived back home! But we had a significant round number a couple of days earlier so we can figure it out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Nathalie! I'm participating this year too and I couldn't agree with you more - Sian's pages were very inspiring and so I plan to create layouts but I want to keep it simple so will try to keep with the same design concept.
    Yeah I'm not sure I could survive without any of my electronic devices these days! I rely to heavily on each!!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!