Pages

July 24, 2013

Chillin' at the pool: two versions... for now!

Have you ever shared a layout online only to decide after its posted that you want to change something? It seems to happen to me at least a few times a year... and this is my latest example.

I created this page based on a sketch by Shimelle (see below) and using my Rock Lobster kit and add-on from Scraptastic Club. When I first saw the sketch, I thought about making handcut Polaroid frames where the squares are and embellish some of them. That was the fun part... but then when it was time to frame the whole page, I changed my mind about a dozen times... below was the first version I posted in the Scraptastic gallery:





...but I was not totally happy with it so, I went and changed it to this:





I think the contrast with the black frame makes it a bit more masculine. What do you think?
Here are some close ups:

And here is the original sketch from Shimelle's blog:
Before you go, please tell me that I am not the only one to change my mind fifteen times and ends up altering a page even after it has been shared! 

Thank you for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Ha, ha, ha, you are absolutely not the only one! I like both versions, but indeed the black wins by a smidgen! Love the polaroids and your embellishments! Fabulous job using the sketch! I love Shimelle & her sketches! Wonderful job on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both versions! I can't decide - :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're not on your own...I change mine too. Both versions are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the first one before I scrolled down and saw the second and although I love the bright I think the darker page is more masculine and goes with the black and white photo. I absolutely love your Polaroid frames all embellied up, fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make last minute changes to my layouts all the time! Love yours, both versions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you kidding? All. The. Time. I change and change and I think that's healthy up to a point. In this case I think the black definitely makes it more rockin'...goes better with that kickin' hair. :) Love the details!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the black really makes the embellies and the photo stand out, too.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both versions... and you are not alone there on changing colors or design. Thanks for popping by too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL!! I totally believe we ALL do it!!!! I love love love the darker background!!! I loveeeeeeeeee the fun photo and the grid design!! GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!