Pages

August 21, 2013

Rinda's Summer 2013 Scavenger Hunt

Every summer Rinda at Gallo Organico organizes a photography scavenger hunt open to all until the last day of summer. She shares a list of (fun and sometimes unusual) things to photograph that you can read below. My recent travels were the perfect opportunity even though I was mad at myself for not having the list with me at all times. I did pretty good nonetheless. All photos were taken with an iPhone.

1.   Open air market
2.   Theater for performing arts (not a movie theater)
3.   City Hall, Capitol or other similar civic building
4.   Airplane
5.   A sunset
6.   Someone or something taking a nap
7.   A sign that is intentionally or unintentionally funny
8.   A tower
9.   A photo with someone or something that is clearly out of place or doesn't belong
10.  A bench that is outside
11.  An animal in a zoo, aquarium, nature preserve, etc.
12.  A cloud in the shape of something (please specify what you see)
13.  A fence
14.  A stained glass object or a mosaic
15.  A fire truck or police car
16.  A windmill 
17.  Candle(s)
18.  Your local pub/bar, coffee house or tea shop
19.  A fisherman
20. A dinosaur
21.  A photograph of you with an artistic tool or craft supply (you cannot substitute for this item)
Bonus/substitute items.  If you find any of the above items too difficult, feel free to substitute either (or both) of these items.  You can substitute up to two items, but you cannot substitute Item #21:
A person wearing an outfit (or item of clothing) that symbolizes your country
A sundial

#1 This was an evening market in a small village in France near where my parents live

#2 The Coliseu do Porto, in Portugal where we went to visit my brother

#3 The City Hall of Porto, Portugal
(no I didn't see the wire going across when I jumped out of the car to take the photo!)

#4 I had lots of choices for "an airplane" as we took no less than 8 flights (!) during our vacation but I chose this one rather than a "real" plane:

#6 Of course all this traveling (by car here) will make you jet lagged and sleepy

#8 The Clerigos Tower in Porto 
(reminded me of the one in Balboa Park in San Diego, except this is the real thing)

#9 Clearly the young one was not supposed to jump into this medieval sarcophagus but it made for a quick "doesn't belong" photo!

#10 You can't see the bench but it is under there, and I like it better with my family on it :)

#11 This owl was kept along with a falcon in the courtyard of the Guimaraes Castle. Owl's eyes are mesmerizing and this one looked right at the camera when I took the shot!

#13 Yes, there is a fence around the magnificent Church of Ildefonso, again in Porto, Portugal

#14 As you can tell from the photo above, I had many, many options for "a mosaic" as the blue tiles (azulejos) that you see on the church and the photo below (in an old convent) are a specialty of this city

#15 Another jump out of the car at the red light photo in order to take the "bombeiros" fire truck. I would never think of taking this type of photo when visiting a place but I am glad I did since they are so unique to each country and always labeled with the name of the place!

#16 A last day find taken while on a French freeway! I was beside myself for having spotted one of the "hard" items on the list

#17 Back to Portugal where the candles burn non stop on the bottom of this monument commemorating   one of the Battles of Porto

#19 He wanted to do a little fishing while in France.
I was happy to go along as it took care of #19 on the list ;)

I have one more in reserve as a "substitute" but I don't know what I will use it for... so it'll have to wait. Plus this is already a pretty photo heavy post and if you've made it this far, thank you! I hope you have enjoyed the visit :) I have exactly one more month to finish the list and I believe it is possible.

A bientôt!

11 comments:

  1. What a fun list and what AWESOME photos!!! These are FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are awesome! I love seeing everyone's photos for her scavenger hunt. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool collection of photos! Plenty of scrapping opportunities there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is such an awesome idea!!! And so cool to see your photos! My husband and I were supposed to go to Porto also, on our first trip to Europe. A volcano erupted though which ended up changing our travel plans.. haha.

    Can't wait to see more Nathalie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow brilliant photos for the hunt x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fantastic! I love the windmill and firetrucks especially. It is so fun to see the variety of these things from around the world. And I love, love, love your kids sleeping in car.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pics. Thanks for sharing this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, great photos! I've had such fun with this challenge this summer. And I love your "clearly does not belong" photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK. Total fabulousness!!!!! I enjoyed every second of this post, Nathalie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trop géniale cette recap'
    Quel riche été vous avez eu!!
    Bises

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!