Pages

July 23, 2014

It's the Pile of Postcards Exchange!


There was a time when summer meant writing postcards and possibly receiving some from far away places. In the name of nostalgia, and of my grandfather who is the only person I know who still sends them, I jumped at the chance to join the Pile of Postcards Exchange organized by the multi-talented Sian from High in the Sky. 

As I write this, I have sent six cards and have received four that I would like to share:


The first one I found in my mailbox was this vintage card from Cheri. She sent it to me as a "coast-to-coast" link (she is on the east coast of the US and I on the west) but what she might not have realized was that the card caption mentions the Statue as a symbol of Franco-American friendship, how appropriate for the Frenchie that I am ;)


A few days later, I received two cards, one from Karen who grew up in what looks like a really lovely town by the sea in the South of England. Her card and words make me want to go for a visit. :) and...

... this card from Jane who also lives by the sea! Jane's card sent me to Wikipedia to check on the whole history of Charles Dickens in Broadstairs (he wrote David Copperfield while living there). It is so fun to learn about other places (especially when they involve so much history!)


And the following day, I received another one, all the way from Ireland! Even my husband was getting into it by now! Sinéad and I have found common grounds in scrapbooking and I will be visiting her blog from now on :)

Thank you Sian for this Exchange that I am enjoying even more than I thought I would. It is such a simple but brilliant idea! 

When's the last time you sent an actual postcard?

8 comments:

  1. i'm loving this exchange too! i got cards from England and the US so far, and i feel like it's xmas every day when i go check the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! So fun! I just love exchanging snailmail.. although I have fallen off the face of the earth with my penpals, I am trying to get back into it! :) So glad you are getting into it too. Isn't it fun getting something that isn't a bill in your mailbox?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post cards are so cool!! How fun to receive some from overseas!! Europe and Ireland are on my bucketlist. My mother's side is from Ireland. :) I bought some postcards while we were in Duluth, MN in May and Springfield, IL and Nashville, TN last month. I need to get out to the MOA and grab some as well. Mine, I am actually having Ben write on them and mail them out to my scrappy friends who have kids his age. They have done away with the daily writing assignments in school, working with them to learn to write proper sentences, so I am doing it at home. I did purchase a few extra to keep for my scrap books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a fab swap. It is so nice to receive postcards

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's giving me so much fun to spot the postcards popping up..I feel like they're popping through my own letterbox! I had some lovely ones waiting for me when we got back from Orlando last night. You know what? I'm already thinking we need to do it again next year

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has been such fun to receive these, hasn't it!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun to see my card in your collection! I had no idea when I sent it that you were French. Such serendipity!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!