Pages

July 26, 2014

Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt 2014 (Part One)

Rinda over at Gallo Organico has been offering a "Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt" for several years now. I played along for the first time last summer and had so much fun, I decided to join again this summer. Anyone is welcome to join and you can find her details in this post.
Here's the list that I carry in my purse throughout the summer. I will cross it out as I go:

SCAVENGER HUNT LIST
1. A sign welcoming people to your home town (or a nearby town)
2. A garden gnome
3. Birds on a wire
4. A group of tourists
5. A rack of post cards
6. An urban street scene
7. A rural landscape
8. A tattoo on a person
9. A bakery
10. A photo bomb (someone found lurking in the background of photo; the lurker may have intended to disrupt the picture or may be doing it unintentionally, but the background lurker is a surprise to the photographer)
11. A horn
12. A mascot
13. A sunrise
14. A parade
15. A juggler
16. A sign in a language other than English
17. A lamp post
18. A water fall
19. A public garden
20. A bus (not a car, truck, lorry, camper or RV) with a picture painted on its sides.
21. A photograph of you with something representing the season (recognizing that the season will be Winter for our friends in the southern hemisphere). Note: you may not use a substitute for this item.
If you find something on the list too difficult, you may substitute one of the following items for anything on the list, except for Item #21:
Alternative A: A kite, hot air balloon or blimp
Alternative B: A bird house

3. Birds on a wire
I love this one in black and white!

4. A group of tourists
Easy peasy as that's all there is on Hollywood Blvd where we took our visiting nephew last week

20. A bus with a picture painted on its side
Tying in nicely with my previous blog post ;) this was actually the first item I spotted from the list. And even though this is a pretty cool bus (and catch phrase! Really, imagine!), I probably won't go see the movie.

I'm looking forward to working on the rest of my list during our holiday travels. The best part is when the family tries to spot the items on the list with me :)

PS: All photos were taken with my iPhone

7 comments:

  1. I think that's the most birds on wire I've seen this summer! It's a much harder picture to capture than I thought,
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmmmmmm .... I was at that theater this past Tuesday ....when were YOU there???!!!???? LOL!!!!! :) I just posted some vacay photos! LOL!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep, the birds on a wire look great in black and white. That photo would turn into a very striking layout

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, your birds on a wire is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another round of fantastic photos! Wish I had seen this list sooner, I would have loved to join in! Love the birds on a wire photo!!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!