Pages

August 21, 2014

Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt 2014 (Part Two)

Along with many other bloggers from all over the world, I have been playing along with Rinda's Summertime Scavenger Hunt and here is my second installment with photos taken during our recent trip to Europe.

SCAVENGER HUNT LIST
1. A sign welcoming people to your home town (or a nearby town)
2. A garden gnome
3. Birds on a wire
4. A group of tourists
5. A rack of post cards
6. An urban street scene
7. A rural landscape
8. A tattoo on a person
9. A bakery
10. A photo bomb (someone found lurking in the background of photo; the lurker may have intended to disrupt the picture or may be doing it unintentionally, but the background lurker is a surprise to the photographer)
11. A horn
12. A mascot
13. A sunrise
14. A parade
15. A juggler
16. A sign in a language other than English
17. A lamp post
18. A water fall
19. A public garden
20. A bus (not a car, truck, lorry, camper or RV) with a picture painted on its sides.
21. A photograph of you with something representing the season (recognizing that the season will be Winter for our friends in the southern hemisphere). Note: you may not use a substitute for this item.
If you find something on the list too difficult, you may substitute one of the following items for anything on the list, except for Item #21:
Alternative A: A kite, hot air balloon or blimp
Alternative B: A bird house

2. A garden gnome
I was having trouble encountering garden gnomes until I spotted this guy, not exactly in a garden but in front of a store, while we were visiting the lovely city of Nantes for the first time. 
Couldn't have been any fancier, could he?

5. A rack of postcards
Any guesses to where we spent the first three days of our summer vacation? ;)

6. An urban street scene
If you guessed London, you were right :) We spent three short days in London before heading to France. I had not visited since I was a student (a long, long time ago!) and it was a first time for my husband and kids. It is an very expensive city but it was worth it! And so photogenic!

14. A parade
Of course, it was then easy to go find a parade in front of Buckingham Palace...

11. A horn
And look, I got a few horns too! :) 

19. A public garden
London is well known for its public gardens and I took this shot while we walked through Saint James Park after the changing of the Guard

7. A rural landscape
And now back to France for a view of the lovely French countryside framed by our train window

16. A sign in a language other than English: 
Love this old sign indicating the town hall in the French village where my dad has his bookstore

17. A lamp post
Rather old fashion and actually part of the 1900s market town in the Puy du Fou park.

13. A sunrise
I have kept this one for last, even though chronologically it should be first, because I didn't actually take this shot. Is that cheating? My son took the sun rising over dark clouds from the window of our plane as we were crossing many time zones before arriving to Europe. Just blame it on the fact that he had the window seat and I the aisle ;)

That's 10 more photos I can cross off the list! I need 8 more to finish (since I failed last year, I am really motivated to finish this year!) and I have exactly one more month to do so! I'll keep you posted for sure ;)

Thank you for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Fab photos...love the ones taken in London.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Nathalie and what great photo's! I was in France last week for my hols too. Look forward to seeing the last ones. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh these are FABULOUS!!! I should totally LOAN you the photo of Brookie pointing to the "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign for that first item on the list! LOL!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful pictures..so striking.

    Your dad has a bookstore in France? Oh, cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great snaps - I would love to stand at that rack and see all those postcards up close. And like Sian, I'd be visiting that bookstore if I ever got to Mairie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Nathalie!! What an awesome journey you've made!!! And your dad has a book store in France??!! That sounds like a dream come true!! (I've always wanted a little own book store of my own, you know, the old English/French kind).

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!