Pages

January 08, 2015

2014 Books

This is my fifth year making a page about the books I have read the previous 12 months. I love looking back on them as each book cover brings back memories:

nathalie_2014books_CTKjan2014

I simply get the covers off of the internet and then print them at home as photos. This layout was created with the January "New Beginnings" kit from Citrus Twist Kits. My favorite item in the kit was the sheet of Maggie Holmes Open Book stickers seen on both close-ups:

nathalie_2014bookscloseup_CTKjan2014
nathalie_2014bookscloseup2_CTKjan2014

If you didn't read the journaling, I'll tell you that my two favorites were Cutting for Stone (by Abraham Verghese) which was the first book I read in 2014 and Marie-Antoinette (by Stefan Zweig). They both stayed with me for a while and in the case of Marie-Antoinette, even prompted a visit to Versailles last summer :)

As we start the new year, I am looking for recommendations. What book(s) did you read in 2014 that I should pick up next?

PS: If you're interested in seeing all my previous "book layouts", click on the "books" category on the right >>>

8 comments:

  1. I think this is a beautiful page and it's also such a lovely example of how the pictures tell the story. With all those cool book cover photos we don't need a lot of journaling

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh yes i remember admiring these layouts and this one is no exception. A super reminder of your reads x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhh I love love love this! What a great idea!!! Totally pinning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is great! What a wonderful idea to document!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellente idée et tu en as fait une superbe page ;)
    Bises

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty page - I may scraplift this one with some of my favorite book series.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!