Pages

January 28, 2015

Tutorial: My 2015 Desktop Photo Calendar

Every year I create a different photo calendar for my parents and every year I share the tutorial on my blog (here are the links: 2014, 2013, 2012, and the first one, 2011, the most popular post on this blog, to this day!).
This new flip photo calendar was made for Citrus Twist Kits and was on their blog yesterday. It was created with leftovers from the January add-on kit "New Beginnings" (still available in the store) but you can use any scrapbooking supplies you have.

nathalie_2015calendar_CTKjan2015
This is what you will need:
1. a Tolsby frame from Ikea (but I also saw at the last CHA that Tim Holtz was coming out with his own version. Probably a bit more expensive though!):
CTKtuto5
2. A book ring of 1" or more
3. Twelve square photos trimmed to 2.25x2.25"
CTKtuto2
4. Twelve (13 if you want to make a cover) pieces of card stock and/or patterned paper cut to 3.25x4.75" and any leftover embellishments (stickers, flairs, sequins, etc.)
CTKtuto1
5. A computer and printer

Step 1: Go to this list of 2015 calendar templates and download the "Blank 2015 Desktop Calendar" (it's free). 
Side note: You can find many other templates online. I picked this one because I prefer the European way of starting the week on Monday. You could also use mini paper calendars or stickers like SRM Stickers offers.

Step 2: Print the month of March (page 4 only) in black & white on a sheet of copy paper in order to create your template. Looking through a window figure out where your patterned paper needs to go and trace it:
CTKtuto6
Now put it back through your printer with the patterned paper attached to the copy paper with washi tape. Repeat this last step taping a new piece of patterned paper and selecting a new month, once for each month:
CTKtuto7

Step 3: Now the fun begins. Add layers and photos to each page:
CTKtuto3

Step 4: Before you start really embellishing your pages, punch a hole on the top of each one for your book ring:
CTKtuto9

Step 5: Embellish and create a cover if you choose to:
CTKtuto4

Step 6: Put the pages in order on the ring and attach to the top of the frame. Voilà!

nathalie_2015calendarcloseup_CTKjan2015

If you do decide to use this tutorial, please please please link your version in the comments because I would LOVE to see it!
Merci!

4 comments:

  1. I always love love love your calendars and this years is no different!!!! Gorgeous!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea and may use it next year x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super idea ...i've pinned it to remind me to make one x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. My mom cannot remember her grandchildren's and son in law's birthdays and has a hard time seeing, so I would have to come up with something unique. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!