Pages

January 29, 2016

Make a splash

Happy Friday! I am very excited because today I am on the Imaginisce blog sharing my very first project as a  Design Team member! I have been playing with the brand new "Par-r-rty Me Hearty" collection and it inspired me to create a (rare) double pager!

We have been going to Legoland California for years and the pirate theme of the collection was perfect for one of the rides called Splash Battle:


This is not the first time that I combine a regular layout with a "faux" pocket page and I just love this combination! The left side is a classic design created on patterned paper and the right side is designed like a pocket page but without the special page protector. I simply adhere my photos and homemade cards on a 12x12 cardstock.



I had a lot of fun with the die-cuts and the cut-ups from the "Par-r-rty" sheet of paper and since the ride is called Splash Battle I used one of the paper strips from the bottom of a patterned paper as my title.
I also added paint splashes in several areas and as I always enjoy adding a bit of sewing on my pages, I sewed the pennants (also from the "Par-r-rty" paper).

For the right side of my double pager, I created three 3x4 cards where I layered different embellishments with adhesive foam.


I love this combination because it allows me to use many photos (I have 8 here including five 4x6!) without it looking  overcrowded.
Thank you for stopping by!

Supplies:
Imaginisce: patterned papers, die-cuts, stickers, puffy stickers (Parrrty Me Hearty). American Crafts: card stock






2 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeeeee this! LOVING the photos, the colors and the banner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such fun pages, Nathalie, and love how your faux pocket page allows for plenty of photos!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!