Pages

April 04, 2017

Make a pocket page in 30 minutes

I first published this blog post on the Gossamer Blue blog yesterday and wanted to share it with you here as well.

I’ll start by saying that if you are looking for a way to document your memories quickly, pocket pages are the way to go, especially with the Life Pages kits! I will explain here my process for making this spread in 30 minutes and give you tips along the way. If I can do it, so can you!

During the first 10/15 minutes:
1/ I open my April Life Pages kit (kit = speed since you don’t have to go through supplies),
2/ print my photos: for the sake of time, horizontal photos are printed in 4x6, vertical photos are printed 3x4 and square photos in 2.5x2.5 (if your photos are already printed, you’ll save even more time!)
3/ while I'm printing, I “sketch” photo placement in a notebook (nothing glamorous as you can see!) and quickly go through my calendar, my emails and my planner to jot down notes of what happened that week.

For the next 10 minutes, I place my photos pretty much according to my “sketch” and select cards from the kit, trying out different combinations. When you have a variety of photos with different colors or photos that are pretty busy, my tip is to go with a monochromatic look (like I did here) with some black and white for contrast. It makes the process faster and easier and it will always look good! Then, I pull all the embellishments in the kit from the one color I chose and place them on my page:
 The part I always do last is the journaling. I usually do it on the computer or the typewriter but you will save even more time by handwriting it.
Stamp the dates, add a little bit of stapling here and there,  and it’s done!

Just like that Week 6 is done! Let me know if you have any questions in the comments and have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant! Wish I could do a page that swiftly, and get it to look so good. The yellow is a great puller-together (do we have a proper word for that?).

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!