This post appeared first on the Gossamer Blue blog. Pardon me if it is a repeat for you!
I am still very much a newbie when it comes to Traveler's Notebooks. This is my very first insert (part of the TN kit by Gossamer Blue) and the following spreads are only my second and third ones ever! You can see my first one here. I am using this book to document a day trip we did this Spring into the Southern California desert.
I used a mix of both May and June kits as well as a couple of Gossamer Blue stamp sets.
I found the yellow paper from the May kit perfect to make the flowers in my photo pop and give a warm feel to the page.
Across from my scenic photo is a layering of several die-cuts and label picked from both kits. It is such a plus for me when you can mix and match several kits together!
I also added stamping in black for contrast and because I felt that something was missing in the top right corner. My newbie status is showing here... but I have learned to embrace imperfection, especially with stamping! Next time though, I'll remember to avoid stamping on the thick side of the book, or I'll fold it in a way that the page will be flat on my mat.
My second spread features even more stamping:
I realized a bonus of alpha stamps: you can write in any language! :) This set came free with a new subscription a couple of months ago and it is definitely a favorite of mine.
The quote (from the French painter Matisse) translated in English is "There are always flowers for those who want to see them" and I found it to be perfect for our outing since we were visiting the desert for the Spring Superbloom and we did find pretty amazing flowers as you can see from my photo!
To conclude, I will tell you if you hesitate to try this format, don't! I have always found shaking up my memory keeping routine to be creatively stimulating and with the new TN kits from Gossamer Blue which conveniently come with a notebook in every kit, it is really easy to give it a try! Now I'm off to make another page! <3 p="">3>





These are very nicely put together - I really like your layouts and the perfect balance of elements (to my eye, anyway!) on your double page spreads.
ReplyDelete