The left side is pretty typical for me with a date card using a tag upside down and stitched on, a few photos and a filler card... Note that two of those photos are actually screen captures.
The right side on the other hand is a bit different than my usual: I used a new style of page protector which has three horizontal 4x6 slots and I cut an extra large photo (6x8 inches) to fit in two of them:
I added a big die-cut directly on the top photo and a little tab on the side which says it all: "this is my favorite" :) I simply love having breakfast outside on our patio during the weekends and, lucky us, when can still do it at the end of September.
Here are a few tips/prompts for you to try in your pocket pages:
- Use screen captures as photos. With the amount of communications we do with our computer or phones, it is natural to include some of them in our Project Life.
- Don't feel restricted by your pockets and use extra large photos covering several of them.
- Don't be afraid to have things sticking out! A tab on the side, the top of a tag on the top... I think those little details add interest when you open the album.
- If you have it on your phone, use the "portrait mode" for other things than portrait! That is how I obtained such depth of field on my large photo ;)
Thank you for stopping by! I will be back soon with something very different. In the meantime, Happy crafting!




The large photo cut-down works beautifully!
ReplyDelete