Every month on the Elle's Studio blog you will find a post where a Design Team member used a previous month's creation from another DT member as inspiration for their project. It was my turn today:
I love the “Happy Heart” pocket page that Jess Forster created with the March kit and I thought it would be fun to transform it into a traveler’s notebook spread. Here is a look at her pages:
And here is my interpretation:
I kept the same design but adapted it to the smaller TN size. I also kept my favorite aspects of her project. I used a full size photo on the left side which I edited to black and white. I also wanted to make my spread monochromatic like hers but went with yellow instead of teal.
I liked how she added her title and embellishments directly on the photo so I did the same.
On the right page, I cut down several tags from the April kit (all supplies linked below) and also pulled a yellow patterned paper from the brand new 6x6 Noteworthy paper stack. I fed it into my typewriter to add my journaling first.
I played with several stamp sets (Mini Dated Stamp, Currently and Happy Moments sets) to add details here and there and, after hesitation, decided to ink a wood veneer camera in black to add more contrast. A banner and puffy stickers finish the right side.
Thank you Jess for inspiring me! This was such a fun exercise. I‘d like to encourage you to think outside the box and maybe look at pocket pages as inspiration for TN spreads or layouts.
By the way, if you ever want to visit the medieval city of Sarlat in the Southwest of France in August, don’t go on Market day! :D





No comments:
Post a Comment
I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!