Pages

April 21, 2018

My first Flip Book (Doodlebug Design)

Inspired by my favorite patterned paper from the Doodlebug Design So Punny collection, I decided to make my very first flip book:
(links to suplies are affiliate links, you do not pay anything extra when using them 
but I get a small commission from scrapbook.com if you do, thank you!)
All the papers used to build this book are from the 6x6 So Punny paper pad so the closed book, as seen above, measures 6x6 inches. On the cover, I layered a mini doily and a cut-out (also from the paper pad). I embellished with some of my favorite Sprinkles: the So Punny Tiny Hearts!

Let's open the first part:
The book is meant to be fun to open, unfold and flip through so it has interactive parts that are hard to see with photos. For this reason, you will find a quick video at the bottom to better show you the moving parts. On the left page, I created a pocket and a tag on which I have attached a Doodle Pop package (using a tiny clip so it can easily be removed). Die-cuts are from the Chit Chat pack. The right page as a card from the So Punny Create-A-Card pack. I have used several throughout the book... How cute are those shaped Sprinkles on top of it?!
By opening another flap, you find a card to flip open to read a note (embellished with more of my favorite Tiny Hearts) and a pocket decorated with different washi tapes and Glitter Sprinkles. I put a Jelly Clip on top to go with the soda theme of this flap.
Now here is a look at the book fully open:
I adhered an open envelope in the center part and inside is a card holding goodies and a washi tape sampler, all attached with a Doodlebug clothespin. On the front, I added a bigger doily, die-cuts and other favorites: matte Sprinkles (from the Cream & Sugar collection). They look like candy!
On the bottom flap is a treat bag filled with yellow doilies that I attached with a Cute Clip. The whole book is tied together with some red and white Chunky Twine. 
Now take a look at the quick video:


I had so much fun creating this project and if you have any questions about it, do not hesitate to reach out to me in the comments or on Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!