Hello friends! I went with a really bright and colorful palette for this new pocket spread to balance out the dark and tinted photos from a concert I went to (JT!:). My color combination was inspired by one of the tag from the new April kit. Can you guess which one? 
Supplies: April kit, Wander stamp, Shapes and Dots puffy stickers, Typewriter Keys puffy alphabet stickers, Love This wood veneer, Pastel Labeled Journaling Tags, April labels
Large Months of the Year wood veneers, Hazel Alphabet stamp, washi tape from my stash
I pulled all the elements from the kit and extras that matched the striped tag: die-cuts, tags, labels and puffy stickers. I loved the yellow touches so much I even cut a 4x6 tag in 2 to use it in two different spots.
I decided early on that I would use the Large Months of the Year wood veneers on each monthly spread in 2019. After placing the February one on top of a label for a pop of color, I created a visual triangle with a veneer heart and, one of my new favorites, the Love This wood veneer (both from the same pack). A mix of puffy stickers add extra dimension and texture to the spread. I positioned them so that they would help the eyes travel across the pockets.
I also continued recording details using numbers (as I did last month). It is a fun journaling trick especially for random tidbits. I used a tag from the new Pastel Labeled Journaling Tags pack, embellished it and stamped the numbers in red with the perfectly sized Hazel Alphabet stamp set.
It’s not often that I have really dark photos but when I do, I love to stamp directly on them in white ink (using Brilliance ink in Moonlight White) so I jumped on the chance with the new Wander set here. I am so happy with the result!
If you would like to check out the April releases from Elle's Studio, you can use this affiliate link: Elle's Studio New Releases
Thank you! Happy crafting!



No comments:
Post a Comment
I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!