Pages

May 25, 2019

Book lover shaker bookmarks (with Doodlebug Design)

I love the French Kiss collection from Doodlebug Design and I have been wanting to dust off my fusing tool to make shaker bookmarks for a while so I recently spent a short afternoon making these. I think they turned out so cute now I'm hooked, I want to make more!
They measure 6.5x2 inches and are decorated both on the inside and outside of the plastic sleeve.
I had the idea of pairing some die-cuts with book related quotes. I typed the quotes on white cardstock using my manual typewriter (but you can also use a computer) and I glued them on the patterned paper.
After making individual pockets with my fusing tool and an old page protector, I added a mix of Sprinkles, sequins and glitter inside along with the patterned paper. I then adhered the selected diecuts on top of each pocket.
I then machine cut small hole reinforcers from matching papers using a die from the Pill better metal die set and attached tassels created with various Doodlebug twines.

They make fun gifts for book lovers but once you're done you might want to keep them for yourself... I'm not speaking from experience of course! ;)

Supplies:

1 comment:

  1. These are very bright and cute, and perfect for marking a place in a book - I like your typewritten quote too!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!