We all know a special teacher who just started or is about to start a new school year so I thought of making a pocket letter with Doodlebug Design's School Days collection to show my appreciation to one of them. Hopefully it will make them smile and encourage them during those first few days!
As always with my pocket letters, I treated each pocket like a separate mini project. My favorite might be the 4x6 title pocket where I paired die-cuts from the Chit Chat pack with a little student sticker. I also created a tiny Back to School banner (a wink to the project I shared previously) which makes it fun and festive:Notice the fun background paper from the 6x6 paper pad!
Right below I filled a glassine bag with die-cuts from the Odds & Ends pack and wrapped it with twine. I love to add small little packages to unwrap in my pockets. I also created and decorated a slanted pocket to include a washi tape sampler with Back to school themed tapes of course!
I haven't used rub-ons in ages but found that the Expressions rub-ons "It's never too late..." phrase would make a great quote card. I broke it down into small pieces to fit into a 3x4 card (from the Color Me Happy paper).
Finally, I have included a few more crafty gifts in the forms of star shape Sprinkles and Doodle-pops:
Finally, if you are a teacher reading this: thank you for all your hard work, especially at this time of year! I appreciate what you do and I wish I could send one of these to each of you!
Supplies:





Sitting here and sighing ...
ReplyDelete