Pages

December 19, 2019

12 Days of Christmas tree (with Elle's Studio)

I had recently pinned DIYs to create a simple dowel Christmas tree and then I found one ready made (in France) that was so cheap I jumped on it! Then using the new Elle's Studio Labels stamps and Labels metal dies, I decided to create a 12 Days of Christmas "tree" for my family room. I wrapped twelve gifts and used the stamps and dies to add the number on each one:

The beauty of the stamp labels and dies is that you can create an unlimited amount of labels in the colors of your choice. I picked ink colors that matched the Tis The Season paper stack since I used a lot of its papers to wrap and decorate my small gifts.
I heat embossed most of them even though I had never done heat embossing before. I dove in, made a mess and had tons of fun in the process! 
I played with negative cuts and combining two metal dies, like below, cutting a number inside a label, and also created layers with several labels.
I added other decorative pieces from the Elle's Studio shop like the Holiday puffy stickers, Acrylic trees and Ho!Ho!Ho! wood veneer. I love it so much, I believe I will recreate it every Christmas! 
Thank you for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. What a totally super idea! It looks wonderful. Love its space-saving nature :). I think we may make one next year from some birch branches which we had to cut down this year. You've been very imaginative with your die-cuts and the whole thing hangs together visually so very nicely.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!